Overwatch is a multiplayer first-person shooter game that was created in 2016 and published by Blizzard Entertainment. There are two teams with six players and each player selecting from a large roster of characters. They are known as “Heroes” and have unique abilities.
It’s often asked by many players that how to make overwatch run better on PC or Laptop. To be honest it’s an optimized game but due to insufficient spec, it may create problems sometimes while playing.
How to get Overwatch to run better?
Follow our instructions to make the game run better.
- Open settings.
- If you are running the game with a resolution of more than 1280×720, then reduce your resolution to at least 1280×720.
- Set the graphics quality to low. Hover to the graphics quality tab and make sure to set every individual setting to low. (eg. texture quality, local fog details)
- Set the render scale to 75%.
- Disable fullscreen optimizations.
- Open the Search box and type Overwatch. Select Open file location from the list. Usually, it can be found under C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwatch.
- Right-click on the Overwatch.exe file and click on properties. It will be the last option on the list.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab. There will an option named “Disable Fullscreen Optimizations”. Check the box out.
Caution: By disabling fullscreen optimizations, you will unable to see the Xbox DVR game bar, volume/brightness level, while you are adjusting the volume/brightness.
Close all Background programs when playing Overwatch
While playing the game, I don’t think you want other apps to run that you aren’t using. What do they do? They consume the ram, CPU usage. Which may cause lag in-game. Also, closing every window doesn’t work always as they may still run in the background. You should open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and close programs which are eating your RAM. (Select the program and below there will be an option named End task). In my case, I always get the browsers and antivirus’s main culprit.
Update Your Graphics Driver
Updates come to fix the bugs of the older version. Sometimes, we ignore updates but it’s very essential whether it’s graphics driver or Os. Updating graphics driver plays a vital role in improving system performance. For intel integrated graphics and AMD, you can download the updated driver from the website. NVIDIA users, don’t need to download it manually as Geforce Experience does it automatically. Just you need to install it. (Need to sign in to Geforce Experience to make it run). It is a good practice to keep your graphics drivers up to date.
Close the Battle.net App
I always do it and I noticed significant improvement. The Battle.net usually eats about 70-80 MB of your Ram. So, Closing it will boost your Ram. In your case, it may not work, but still, it’s useful.
Hopefully, Overwatch will now run better. Please let us know your thoughts by commenting.