Steam is mainly developed by Valve which was first launched in 2003, it has become the most popular gaming platform for ages. But most people complain that why does steam update so much. Actually steam needs an update to maintain its status in the PC game platform market to improve its service. Sometimes steam adds new features, fixes bugs, and releases security updates. Just because of all this steam requires you to update your Steam client on your computer.
However, it is really annoying to update your steam regularly and especially if your internet is slow then it becomes worse. So in this article, I will guide you on how to make steam not update so much.
How to Fix Steam Update So Much
Way 1: First try to Opt-out of the Beta
If your steam update is very regular, then check the Steam update log to see whether the update is contained in the Steam update log. If there is no update contained in the log, then you might have some problem with your client, suppose you are using the Steam beta version. You might know that the beta version only allows you to experience various types of new features which frequently notify you to update your steam client. Follow these various steps to get rid of it.
- First click on Steam menu on the top left corner of Steam.
- Go to Settings then click on Account.
- Find Beta participation, then click Change.
- You have to choose None-Opt out of all beta programs and then click Ok.
- Finally click on Restart Steam which will make the changes.
Way 2: Try to use fast internet
Sometimes, you may not hate when the Steam update itself. But you will not definitely like to spend most of the time on it. In this case, if you want to update your Steam quickly then make sure your internet is fast enough, either you can close other running apps (such as Utorrent ) or you can deactivate your antivirus while updating the Steam.
Way 3: You may block Steam update
This is the only method to make steam not update so much. There are two different steps to do it.
Step 1: Turn On Offline mode
There are few people who love to play in offline mode because it does not use that much internet and you do not require to install any updates. To go to offline mode all you have to do is just click on the Steam menu and choose the option ‘Go Offline’. But remember before you go offline, you will be unable to earn any badges or achievements in offline mode.
Step 2: You can turn off Automatic Updates
If you turn off automatic updates, then you have to manually update your steam but when the update comes to your steam it will notify you, rather than updating by itself. You may follow these steps to turn off automatic updates.
- At first check on the top menu, from there select Steam/View and then go to settings.
- Then click on Downloads on the left side of the panel.
- You will see on the right section under the Download Restrictions, select Only auto-update games between options and you can select a time routine while you do not use steam ( suppose 1 am-1 pm).